Edugat Sdn. Bhd (“the Company”, “we”, “our” or “us”) ensures that we hold and use your personal data only for the purposes for which it has been provided.
Your personal data is protected in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and Personal Data Protection Regulations 2013. This Privacy Notice governs the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by the Company and it is important that you read this Privacy Notice carefully.
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice from time to time without further notice to you. Any amended Notice will be displayed on our portal, with a domain name of www.edugat.com (“Website”) and shall take effect from the time the new Privacy Notice is uploaded on the Website replacing the then existing one.
Any defined terms appearing herein shall have the same meaning as set out in the Terms and Conditions, unless a different meaning is given to such term.
This Privacy Notice clarifies:
- Collection and Processing of Your Information
- Description of Personal Information
- The Purpose of Collecting Your Information
- Retention of Your Personal Information
- Your Rights
- Contact to Lodge Complaints
By submitting any personal data to us through the Website or otherwise, you confirm that you and such other individual agree to our processing of personal data in accordance with this Privacy Notice and you are responsible to provide accurate, complete and up-to-date information to us. Please refrain from sending us any personal data if you disagree to our processing of personal data.
Collection and Processing of Your Information
We have collected and will collect your personal data to be processed by us and /or on your behalf in the course of dealing or future dealings with the Company, its associated Company (ies) including all of its shareholder(s), its director(s), its employee(s), it supplier(s), its contractor(s) and/ or its permitted person(s).We may collect personal data about you from the information submitted by you through our Website or through browsing activity on our Website. We may also collect personal information about you or your guarantor from credit reporting agencies or debt recovery agencies. In addition to this, we may also attained your personal information from third parties including searches attained from public registrars or public domain such as the internet.
Description of Personal Information
In relation to enable us to deal with your inquiries, membership and/or to provide you with our services, we may require to process personal data about you, including but not limited to:
- Your name, age, identity card number or passport number;
- Your residential address, telephone contact number; email address;
- Gender, date of birth;
- Information relating to your education, employment, income, financial and personal circumstances;
- Where applicable, specific documents which verify your identity and any other personal information;
- Information of your web browser including your browsing activity on our Website.
The Purpose of Collecting Your Information
- To verify your identity and ascertain that any information we hold about you is correct, accurate, complete and not misleading;
- To verify financial standing and legal status
- To assess your eligibility and suitability to participate in the Programme;
- To comply with any compliance and disclosure requirements of any and all governmental and/or quasi government departments, agencies, regulatory and/or statutory bodies, the Partners and Service Providers.
Agreements and Arrangements
- Entry into relevant or applicable agreement or arrangement to participate in the Programme;
- Credit assessments and other background checks
- To improve our services;
- Client relationship management procedures whichever we deem necessary and fit;
- Communication with you and delivery of information by e-mail, telecommunication means, including telephone calls or text messages or social media about our services.
Internal Record and External (Marketing)
- To manage and maintain your account(s)
- To better manage our business and your relationship with us;
- To understand your investment needs and your financial position;
- To update and improve the accuracy of our records;
- To conduct research for analytical purposes;
- Internal record keeping
- To conduct necessary background checks and verification
By accessing and using this Website, you accept and agree that we may disclose your personal information to a credit reporting agency or third parties for the purpose of us providing services to you.
You also accept and agree that the information about you supplied by us to third parties may be held and used by those third parties for any lawful purpose.
Retention of Your Personal Information
The Company will retain your personal data only for as long as necessary to achieve the purpose in which the personal information was collected for and in order to comply with the applicable laws of Malaysia including Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and Personal Data Protection Regulations 2013 including their modifications.When your persona data is no longer needed we will take reasonable steps to ensure that all personal data provided to us for the purpose provided on the Website is destroyed or deleted.We store your personal data electronically and in paper form. We will strive to protect your personal information against loss, misuse, modification, unauthorised or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction by using generally accepted standards of security in all circumstances.
Rights to request access to your Personal Data
- The Company will assist you to access to your personal data in the Company’s possession, or where you are of the opinion that such data is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading, misrepresenting or not up-to-date, you may request to access to such personal data with reasonable notice.
Rights to Correct your Personal Data
- The Company will assist you to correct your personal data which is held by us with reasonable notice. You may request to correct or update your personal data that is inaccurate, incomplete or misleading. Please keep this in mind, that the Company may use its discretion in allowing the corrections requested and/or require further documentary evidence of the new data to avoid fraud and inaccuracy.
Contact to Lodge Complaints
If you have any enquiries or complaints regarding your personal data, our policies, procedures in relation to processing your personal data, you may contact the relevant department as follows:
Attention : The Compliance Officer, Edugat Sdn Bhd